Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Weekend


Saturday:
This past weekend was my five-year* reunion from Dartmouth College.  The asterisk is there because due to taking a year off from school, I technically graduated only four years ago (that and the fact that Dartmouth officially didn’t recognize this as my five-year reunion for some reason... I swear I graduated).  However, despite the technicalities, it was a time when my roommates, teammates and classmates of old returned to Hanover to relish in what used to be.  It was great to be able to see everyone and to catch up with those in “the real world.”  I had a few of my old roommates out to the house for some grilling and backyard shooting, which is always a blast.  I will look forward to seeing them all again soon, when another roommate of ours gets married this fall.
My "graduating" class of Dartmouth '08 with our coach, Barry Harwick
Sunday:
Today marked the end of my middle school running program for the spring.  To celebrate we raced our last race, a four miler, around Lebanon, NH.  It was a great community event with a live band and catered BBQ.  The new Saucony uniforms looked great on the kids as they sped around the course, knowing full well that the faster they ran, the more BBQ there would be to eat.  This spring has flown by.  It seems like just yesterday I was driving back from Florida to start coaching the twenty young runners of Indian River.  I look forward to being able to work with the group again this fall!

Elizabeth leading the charge in today's race
Thank you all for a great weekend.

Until next time,

Ben

0 comments: