Sunday, May 19, 2013

Uniforms!


In the famous words of Deion Sanders, “if you look good, you feel good.  And if you feel good, you play good.”  And thanks to the extreme generosity of Saucony, the runners of Indian River School will be the best looking team out there.

The new threads
With my return to New Hampshire, I have been able to get back to coaching middle school runners in Canaan.  This spring I have twenty-two energetic youngsters clamoring to run.  But in season’s past, when we showed up to races, clad in whatever athletic gear the kids had on hand, we were a rag-tag group of misfits.  No longer.  The new Saucony uniforms provide a sense of pride to all the runners, establishing them as a bona fide team.  When one runner first pulled on his singlet, he proudly exclaimed: “these are better than the baseball team’s!”  And after a brief pause, “I’m going to wear mine to school to show it off to all the other teams and make them jealous.”

Two runners excited to first pull on their singlets!
With the new uniforms in place, I look forward to a great rest of the season.  And who knows, maybe these uniforms will make all the other kids jealous, and I’ll have an even bigger team come August.  Thank you Saucony for dressing my team, and giving the runners uniforms to be proud about!

Until next time,

Ben

0 comments: