Sunday, November 13, 2011

A New Deck of Cards

Things have changed since the last time that I have blogged for ITA, but since I don’t wish to harp on the past, I only would like to say that I am honored and thrilled to become a member of ITA National and to be able to continue my training here in the Upper Valley.  To mention just a few notable occurrences since my last post; my middle school cross country team rounded out a great first season with their stellar performances at the State Cross Country Meet and planning is currently taking place to construct a track program for the kids this spring.  It is heartwarming and compelling to witness such a positive and energetic interest in running, and I hope to be able to continue to spread that positive vibe to more and more kids in future seasons.  Other important happens include my signing of a new sponsor, Saucony, which I am very excited for, as well as my time spent down in New York City for the ING New York Marathon.  The New York Road Runners put on a great marathon every year (largest marathon in the world) and I was invited down this year as an honored guest to take part in the festivities and to ride in the lead vehicle for the race.  The vantage point of the lead vehicle and being able to watch the runners only mere inches away- was nothing less than awe-inspiring.  Watching the men’s field crush the previous course record by minutes showed just how impressive the world’s elite marathoners truly are.  The experience definitely gave me the marathoning flu- instilling that marathoning will be in my (distant) future.  For now, my training is very relaxed as I am coming off a long season and just getting back into the swing of things after abstaining two weeks from running.  But through all the changes, I am staying the course and look forward to a bright future with ITA National.  I am truly blessed to be able to be apart of such a great organization, and I wish to thank everyone who helps make it possible.  Thank you.
Until next time,
Ben

Rocking an interview 
A motley bunch of runners (from L-R: Dathan Ritzenhein, Matt Tegenkamp, Lisa Uhl, Deena Kastor, Sally Kipyego,  Sara Hall, Molly Huddle, Brett Gotcher, me, Chris Thompson)

0 comments: